Thank you for your continued support of MVSS
Please do not hesitate to call should you have any questions or concerns about your referral. Below are some preferences and a referral form for your use. Feel free to e-mail medical records, referral forms and diagnostic information to us.
- Referrals are preferred, but not necessary for an initial examination and consultation.
- Patient Blood work:
- Healthy Patients: blood work should be less than 30 days old.
- Geriatric Patients: blood work should be less than 14 days old.
- Patients with multiple co-morbidities: blood work should be less than 7 days old.
- Blood work should include a CBC and a full chemistry.
- Please advise your client that additional blood work may be required prior to surgery and during hospitalization.
- Patient Radiographs
- Oncology Patients: three views of the thoracic cavity.
- Orthopedic Patients: two views of the affected region.
- MVSS will repeat the radiographs at the time of surgery. These radiographs are necessary to measure and template prior to procedures.
- Please advise your client that additional radiographs may be require to facilitate examination and diagnosis.
- The complete patient record will be digitally faxed or emailed to your practice after your patient has been discharged.
- Histopathology reports will be faxed to your practice once the report is available.